Tuesday, October 16, 2007

An update.

I don't really have anything specific to blog about, but I guess I just wanted to check in with my loyal readership.

Life is going pretty well. It's hard to believe that October is half gone, and the semester is also half gone. In a month it'll be Thanksgiving time, and it flies after that . . .

Generally, I would say that I don't have too very much to complain about these days. I like my classes and my professors, I get to do cool stuff like play Baroque cello, I have a social life, and the Cute Boy . . . and the list goes on. See? Life is good.

It's times like these that I start to feel like it's not fair that I get to be so blessed. At the same time, I almost feel like saying, "Well, it's about damn time!" After all, I'm realizing that my experience at BYU, while key in getting me to where I am now, was not everything it could have been. The difference is that while I was there, I felt like every opportunity was passing me by. Here, I feel as though I'm being welcomed into life with open arms. It's a good feeling.

Whether cause or effect (probably it's both), I'm also noticing that these days I'm liking myself more (for the most part). In any case, I'm enjoying the benefits of a healthier self-image. I guess it's true what they say about how great an effect we can have on one another. I want to be the person that everyone all of the sudden thinks that I am.

It does seem sudden, too. Adjectives that I've never really thought of as applying to me are now being used regularly: spunky, dynamic, delightful, etc. I suppose that's all helping me redefine myself (I myself would use words like unintrusive, awkward, or something along those lines). Now that these other adjectives have come into use, though, I can find evidence to support them.

So, I'm on the upswing.

No comments: