Thursday, October 11, 2007

The light at the end . . .

So this week has been rough. Midterms and assignments and classes that just don't quit, plus concerts and extra rehearsals and all kinds of gobbletygook . . .

Nevertheless, it's Thursday, and the end is in sight. I was excited yesterday to be home by 6pm for the first time in I don't remember how long. I still managed to stay up till midnight, though, even despite the fact that I vaguely promised myself to be in bed early. Ah, well.

I feel a little strange that my mom had an appointment with the eye doctor, who said I was a "delightful" person. I guess he then asked her if I'd be interested in playing at the office party on Saturday, for a years' worth of contacts. Curious. I don't know how to feel about that--it seems a little shady. I wonder if I should decline, on account of the fact that I think he's unusually attracted to me and may try to seduce me. On the other hand, maybe I'm just being paranoid, and he really DOES just think I'm delightful, and wants to help me out? Eeep. I'll have to consider this carefully. I welcome any input . . .

In Other News, I'm realizing that my body doesn't like me very much when I abstain from things like food, sleep, water, and exercise. It's been interesting to me that when I was at BYU, I was a big stress-eater (hence I gained weight); however, since coming to UNT it seems I've become a stress-NON-eater (and hence am losing weight). While such a side effect (i.e., weight loss) is not at all undesirable to a woman of my Rubenesque proportions, the accompanying constant threat of illness and lack of any energy and vigor certainly are. Maybe I should revise my plan to become a supermodel. Or go with the Mario Heffers plan: Nutty Bars and Diet Coke.

I suppose that is all, my loyal readership. I hope I don't die before I see you next . . .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I realized the other day I really have listened to the Maria Jeffers ways. However, I go for Cheez-its and Dr. Pepper.