Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I wish I could just teleport.

Today, I tried (albeit unsuccessfully) to be in three different places at once. It might have worked, if all had gone according to plan . . .

As was, I got to rush around from one place to the next, trying not to lose any of my contacts on the way. This was made more exciting by the fact that I was temporarily without a phone, and couldn't alert one of the parties involved of my impending tardiness. It all worked out in the end.

It was a long day, though. You know, one of those days when you get home and you have a list of about five hundred things you want to do IMMEDIATELY: go to the bathroom, drink a glass of water, eat some food, take out your contacts, change into your comfy clothes, etc. The problem is you can never decide what order to do them in. (Tonight, I think I did bathroom, contacts, water, food, change.)

I even had a semi-awkward conversation with an old flame today. I think the moral of the story was "we were so young and stupid." I'm not sure, though. I think he may feel like I'm more hung up on him than I am (which, at this point, is not at all). It's all just water under the bridge for me. We've both moved on, so who even cares?

The point is, as my roommate wisely put it, "nothing gets you over the last one like the next one." None of my past romantic disappointments matter at all to me now that I get to spend time with someone who is (interestingly enough) a much better fit for me than any of them would have been anyway. I keep waiting to wake up.

It's a beautiful dream, anyway . . .

No comments: