Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The itch you just can't scratch.

So, I've realized what it is about UNT.

The fact of the matter is that there are actually many many more guys that I am attracted to here. Virtually every random male that crosses the street in front of me I find at least reasonably attractive. [AUTHOR'S NOTE: I am realizing as I write this that I had similar feelings upon arriving at BYU. "Why is everyone here so darned attractive?," I thought to myself. Perhaps, then, it is just the novelty of being in a new environment, with a different type of guy.]

Now, herein lies the problem. It's obviously not that I cannot find a guy that I find good-looking. It's that I don't really want to DATE any of these handsome men-folk. For one reason or another (sexual orientation, marital status, drug use, etc.) these guys are otherwise completely unappealing.

So, I remain lonely. And though no one likes to be lonely, I also don't really feel terribly drawn to any of the alternatives.

No comments: