Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Dorky Party Revolution of 07

That's right, I have deemed it my duty to bring dorky parties to North Texas. They abounded at BYU, but around here, people seem to prefer "real" parties, wherein the main form of entertainment is substance. The result of this is that (many, not all) people don't seem to know how to have fun without chemical alteration.

That is about to change.

I've composed a list of dorky party ideas, and I'll be gosh-darned if I don't start throwing them!

There are the ever popular food-themed parties, wherein all you need to do is choose some type of food and ask people to bring their favorite example of that food (ones I've heard of in the past include macaroni and cheese, bread, potatoes, pie, etc.)! There are the film-themed parties (favorite movies to screen include Napoleon Dynamite, Nacho Libre, or Pirates of the Caribbean) where people dress like their favorite characters, and we eat what they eat in the movie! There is, of course, game night (pretty self-explanatory). Bad movie night (not morally bad, but stupid or poorly made). Pizza making night. Ohh, the good times that are about to be had!

If you have any other ideas or suggestions, or would like to secure a spot on the guest list, please let me or another one of our associates know. Time is money, thank you for your time.

No comments: