Wednesday, September 26, 2007

All is well . . . !

Ah, life is treating me kindly these days. I was stressed out about this morning, with an 8am quiz and a 9am sightreading in an Instrumentation class (how the prof tracked me down to ask me to play for it is a mystery to me--I've barely been at the school a month, and it seems already I've been branded as a music slut), and an 11am lesson . . . but everything went surprisingly well. Especially the lesson--I feel encouraged again! Hooray.

And now, this week that has already been so long and scary should definitely be much easier from here on out. Hallelujah!

I get to hang out with my favorite four year-old on Friday morning (actually, come to think of it, she may have had a birthday this month . . . five?), and I'm excited about that. I tell ya, getting paid to play with little kids is where it's at! And this will be a piece of cake, too--usually, I watch her AND her two brothers (ages 7 and 9 or something), and together, the three of them can be quite a handful. Having just the little girl will be a cinch.

I am happy about other things, too, but at the risk of sounding cryptic I venture that this is not the venue to share. Suffice it to say that I am looking forward to the weekend. :-)

So, I am happy. I'm getting used to being back in Texas, I'm making friends, I'm figuring out (again and again) how to better manage my time (by the way, blogging doesn't help), and I'm just smiling. 'Cause, you know, life is good.

Life is good. :-)

No comments: