Sunday, June 17, 2007

My "type"

I've often prided myself on not having a "type." I've had many roommates who could tell you exactly what they prefer: guys with this color hair and this color eyes, about yea tall, with a build like so . . .

This concept of a "type" has always left me somewhat befuddled. I am attracted to so many guys, and I find having a "type" limiting. However, yesterday I had a conversation wherein I jokingly said to my dear friend Drew something about "liking 'em beefy." I realized to myself that in actuality, that's pretty contrary to my actual taste. That got me to thinking about guys that I've liked, and what they've had in common. I got really interested in that idea, so I decided to do some rough statistical sketches of my crush population since 2003.

I found that the most common first initial is a tie between "J" and "R" (16% each), and the most common first name is "Chris" (with 8% of my crushes carrying that name).

As to build, roughly
65% are what I would consider to be "lanky"
20% are "average"
10% are "cut," and
5% are "beefy"

Roughly 65% do NOT wear glasses
25% DO wear glasses
10% SOMETIMES wear glasses

Hair color shows no interesting trends:
40% have brown hair
39% have blond hair
13% have black or dark brown hair
8% have red or reddish hair

75% of Rachel Crushes play a musical instrument of some sort, either as a vocation or an avocation (60% are music majors).

I seem to have preferences toward certain instruments. Of the 75% who play an instrument:
17% play percussion
14% play double bass
14% play guitar
11% play saxophone
7% play cello
the remainder is divided amongst non-classical keyboard, other orchestral string instruments, and winds

2 comments:

the author said...

haha, so funny. Guide To Becoming Rarlos' guy ^_^

Deya Love said...

Rachel- I read your blog as I am addicted to blogging myself. And I did the same thing when I was in high school and it carried on as the most predominent name among my crushes was "Chris" (go figure- husband!) and I would guess roughly 80% had "c" as an initial. You need a box where men can send you their applications with which categories they fit in. :)