Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Learn to Speak Germasian!

It's come to my attention that some of the things I say should be interpreted in ways other than their literal meanings. This has caused confusion with my parents since I've been back home, so I felt compelled to try and clear things up. I may regret this later, but here it is: Conversational Germasian 101. I'll give the phrase itself first, and the Germasian translation following.

1. (English) He's a good kid = (Germasian) I have a crush on him.
2. You're a good kid = I feel like I should have a crush on you, but I don't really feel like it would go anywhere.
3. I dunno = I don't want to tell you.
4. You're dumb = I feel really comfortable around you.
5. We should hang out sometime = You should call me, because I want to spend time with you but I suck at using the phone.
6. You did a wonderful job at (such and such a performance); I was so moved = You're hot.
7. I love that kid = He's great, but I could never date him.
8. I don't care = I'd rather you choose and be happy.
9. Let's be friends = I hope we're already friends.
10. You're a good person = I love you.

No comments: