Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Expect the Unexpected.

Last night at this time, I had no idea that I'd be spending the first two weeks of July with my beloved Brahms at the Mimir Chamber Music Festival at TCU. Things change.

I was on the alternate list, and someone actually backed out! So now I get to take two weeks off from work (despite having been hired only two weeks ago) and play cello all day instead of mopping floors. Wild.

I'm growing accustomed to life in Denton once again. Barring constant gnawings of boredom and loneliness, I really kinda like this place simply because it's home. I'm enjoying the time with my family. My dad, for example, is hilarious. The other day, he sang a song about 5/4 time signature (to the title theme of the Incredibles): I think the lyrics were "I'm cool, I'm 5/4!" or something like that. He also enjoys playing DJ and putting on weird, cool stuff. It's funny. He gets really excited about whatever he puts on, and turns it way up. My mom then walks through the living room, shouts, "What is this?! Can you turn it down?" and I laugh. The same scene repeated countless times in my life. SOME things never change.

WARNING: MORMON-SPEAK TO FOLLOW.
So, another funny thing that happened was that my home teacher called to make an appointment. I think he may suspect that I'm inactive, because he identified himself thusly:

"Hi, this is Tyler . . . I'm your home teacher . . . from church . . . "

It might also be that he's just awkward on the phone like I am, but I think it's funnier the first way. I can't even blame him, either. I mean, after all, my attendance in 5th ward has been spotty due to family in town, certain missionary farewells, and the like--and besides that, I'm not one to jump up and introduce myself to people, either. So, due to the fact that I've been in the ward for a month now and have only met a handful of people, it's no wonder he should think that. Poor kid.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Inactive? Maybe you should go to church.