Monday, August 11, 2008

Yargh . . .

It's almost over, I keep telling myself. It's almost over.

A week from tomorrow, I'll be on my way back to Texas, and I could not be happier about that. I have enjoyed my time here. I've been able to play great music and been able to meet some really cool people. There are certainly problems with this particular festival which I could discuss with you ad nauseum, but all in all I guess I'm glad I came. I've been fighting a somewhat toxic environment, but I'm learning a lot about how to work with others and how to be a better person, if not about how to play chamber music better.

As the end approaches, I am looking forward to the things that are happening next year. School starts a week after I get back, and I haven't thought at all about what's going on with that. There are still wedding things that need to be taken care of pretty quickly, which will be fun . . . but perhaps less fun with the stress of a semester wearing down on me, which is why I'd like to get as much taken care of early on as possible. The tricky thing will be that The Boy is now living in a different city than I, and certain things will be made considerably more difficult because of that. I have a feeling that the next few months while we're engaged and only able to see one another on the weekends will be trying times, but also that it will help us to better appreciate being together come January.

I was going to type a bunch of mushy stuff right here, but I don't want to be responsible for anyone's computer being ruined due to vomit. Suffice it to say, I will be glad to see The Boy again when I get back.

Plus the kitty and doggy. I had a dream the other night that when I got back, the kitty got really excited and jumped up on my shoulder (which, for the record, she has been known to do). I bet she's all growed up these days.

Thankfully, the MMF Spirit Committee has designed Spirit Week this week to break up the monotony during the last week here. Today is Mismatch day, so I'm sporting a pink and silver tank layered over a snakeskin blouse and a blue striped button-down, a periwinkle skirt and my grey yoga pants. This is the most excellent outfit I have ever worn in my life. I'm glad there will be something to make this week more tolerable, because I have a feeling it is going to take a long time to get to next Tuesday.

No comments: