Saturday, August 2, 2008

Getting closer . . .

Hello, and happy August 2nd!

It's a good day. I'm glad that it's August, because now I'm in the same month that I will return home, which makes the time left here in Vermont much more manageable. Just over two weeks, and I'll be on my way back to Texas, where the world makes more sense.

Additionally, the fact that it's August 2nd means that five months from today, I will be married to the man of my dreams! We were able to have a really nice, long talk yesterday, and as we chronicled our entire story from the first time we really talked until this point, I became more and more grateful for The Boy. We have already built so many wonderful memories, and I can't wait to get home so we can build some more.

These days, I feel like I'm being blessed more than I deserve. The opportunities that are falling into my lap are more than I could ever hope for, and I can hardly believe how everything seems to be falling into place. Now that I think of it, I wonder if maybe by writing about how well everything seems to be working out I will jinx it all. Of course, I'm so thankful that I made the decision to move back to Texas, because none of this would have been the case if I hadn't somewhat blindly taken the audition and come back. It was the best semi-whim I ever had.

So, I'll be back home soon enough, and in the arms of the one I love. Life looks so much better from this side of the hump than it did from the other side, when I wrote my last post. Hooray for the passage of time!

No comments: