Thursday, July 10, 2008

In the Green Mountains . . .

As soon as the rest of my quintet gets here, I'm going to have to drop this post and go play some Dvorak, but for right now, let me just briefly tell you what's going on:

I'm here in Vermont, at the Manchester Music Festival, playing chamber music all day and enjoying the beautiful, charming town that surrounds me. I'm playing the Dvorak piano quintet, and also the Arensky two cello quartet, both of which are great fun. It's so far been great, and I'm far less homesick than I was in Toronto. I don't really know why that is, but I suspect it may have to do with the fact that I know some people and I'm not living all by myself.

Anyway, the rest of the group is here now, so I'd better go start unpacking to be ready to play my little heart out.

Maybe I'll update more later, but I don't have anyplace for easy internet access, so that's not a surety.

No comments: