Monday, July 14, 2008

Hip hip hooray!

The most exciting discovery of the day is the fact that there is a very strong wireless signal at the church where all our activities are housed for the festival. If I'd known that before, I could have been checking my email from the comfort of my own laptop during my lunch hour!

So far, so good, though, here in the Manchester Music Festival. Vermont is beautiful, and so ridiculously green. I guess I'm used to Texas, where there is just death all summer long. The weather is great, if a little moist, and the people are really nice. I'm sharing a house with four other musicians, and it's great.

Saw Wall-E on Saturday night, and it made me cry. I missed The Boy so very much--the vast majority of the movies I have seen recently have been with him, and it made me sad to watch a movie about robot-love and not have him next to me. I just wanted to hold his hand and put my head on his shoulder and be close to him . . . sigh. I'm a sap.

Today, I get to teach a ten-year-old boy how to play the cello from ground zero. We get a week to teach them, and I don't know how effective that is going to be. Oh well. I'm glad I have one of the older kids and not one of the tiny ones.

Anyway, I miss everyone. Especially The Boy. Sigh.

No comments: