Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The End is Near!

In this case, that's a good thing. This hasn't been the most difficult semester of my life, but it did get pretty hairy not too long ago. All in all, I've been really blessed to have such a wonderful support system. My family is great. My boyfriend (ha! I can say it now) is amazing. Even my dog has responded to my stress level! I've learned to appreciate love in so many different forms: a cup of hot cocoa, a hug, a doggy head in my lap, a shoulder to cry on, simple time, sacrifice of sleep, etc. I could be here for the rest of the day listing off all the examples I've seen of people (and animals) showing their love to me. It's so appreciated.

One of the sweetest things was today on one of my jury comments:

"What I would like to see you improve is: get rid of your physical and mental tension. Start believing that you are a good cellist and play with more confidence."

This came from someone who had witnessed one of my stress-related eyeball leaks a few weeks prior. That comment, coupled with the fact that he asked me if I was doing alright last week, leads me to believe that he's thought about me, and he really wants me to be better. It means a lot. He's not even my teacher!

I suppose if I were going to identify a theme for this semester, it would be something like "Love conquers all." In the hard times, I've been so reliant upon the love of those close to me, and I know it would have been so much harder if I had to go it alone. Sometimes, I feel like I've been relying on the love others have for me in place of the often nonexistent love I should (but don't) feel for myself. I know it's not healthy, and it's something I'm constantly battling with, but it helps so much to feel like I'm worthy of love when I see it so generously poured upon me.

Sappy, sappy, sappy. The point is, I'm going to make it through this semester, and I owe it to you. That's right, to Cari Lynn Vincent ('cause you know, she comments on my blog). And the rest of you? Uhhh, maybe.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rachel, I only read your blog to mock you.

The mocking is out of love though, don't worry.