Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Just a Quick Note

I've been really stressed lately.

But I've also been really well-loved lately.

Yesterday was a pretty crappy day until . . . oh, about 8pm. You know those people in your life who always make you feel better, no matter how hard you've been beating up on yourself or how little you enjoy your own company? I don't understand how he can do it, but it was very much needed. I'm probably the luckiest girl in the world.

To add to it, when I got home, my bedroom and bathroom had been cleaned up a little bit, and I had clean, folded laundry on my bed. My mommy warmed me up a plate for dinner. It's nice to be loved.

After that, I had a rehearsal with my Dad. It was semi-crappy. And (as seems to be the default action for me these days) I started crying. He talked with me for a good while, almost until 1am.

It's things like this that show me it's really not the big things that demonstrate love, but instead the sum total of all the little things. I'm so fortunate to have such wonderful people in my life.

No comments: