Monday, September 15, 2008

Tag, I'm it!

I used to love these surveys--they were all over my xanga (remember xanga?). So, I'll happily oblige you, Tally.

Did you date someone from your school?
I had a "boyfriend" for about a week or so in 9th grade, but it was super-awkward and I broke up with him when he hugged another girl in front of me in the hallway--real mature, I know. After that, I only went on a handful of dates (very few of them repeat dates), and fell in love a few thousand times.


What kind of car did you drive?
1991 Nissan Stanza, maroon: "Stanley." He was a good car--standard transmission, which made me feel pretty slick.


High School Memories

Were you a party animal?
My weekends consisted mostly of saran-wrapping, documentary-making, and Disney-channel-watching. Party hearty.

Were you considered a flirt?
Not a flirt, but definitely boy-crazy. And a cuddle-slut.

Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
Or-chest-ra

Were you a nerd?
Probably a lot.

Were you on any varsity teams?
I lettered in orchestra. And PALS (Peer Assistance Leadership Skills)

Did you ever get suspended or expelled?
I used to get early-morning detentions all the time for being tardy to first block. I never understood how they thought I could make it to an early detention at 7:55 (or whenever it was) if I couldn't make it to my class at 8:40.

Who were your favorite teachers?
Sra. Parton (whom I had for all 4 years of Spanish and for some reason just loved me), Doc Edwards ("Don't be an intellectual pansy!" / "Read the WHOLE BOOK!"), Doc Bowman (for his impeccable taste in classic films), Maria "Mario Heffers" Jeffers ("Think of all the starving kids in Africa who don't get a chance to play the cello!"), Mr. Roth ('cause he used to throw erasers at people).

Could you still sing the fight song?
Not in the least.

Where did you sit during lunch?
"Instrumental Hall" (since we shared it with the band, we couldn't call it the band hall or the orchestra room and still be politically correct) or the Mormon Table

What was your school's full name?
Billy C. Ryan High School (named after the great football coach--ahh, Texas)

Did you go to Homecoming?
It was my first official date sophomore year, with Josh Terry. Junior year I went on a blind date with this totally adorable boy named Zack, I think. Senior year was one of the most uncomfortable dates I've ever been on with a kid in one of my classes to whom I'd scarcely ever spoken.

What do you remember most about graduation?
Ben Lynch's talk was way better than Donna Ean's, the orchestra sounded a lot worse from outside of it, and it was really hot outside.

Where did you go senior skip day?
We didn't have a senior skip day--we were too much of slackers to organize one!

Were you in any clubs?
Spanish Club, NHS, Spanish NHS, PALS, French Club, and (of course) The Clique

Have you gained some weight since then?
Depressingly large amounts of weight

Are you going to your 10 year reunion?
*shrug* It'll be fun to give people a chance to feel better about themselves when they see that I'm a starving artist and they're rich

1 comment:

Snow said...

Hooray for falling in love a thousand times in high school! I was reading my journal from senior year a month or so ago, and I pretty much had a different boy every week. Those were the days...