Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Walking Down Memory Lane

I spent all day yesterday cleaning out our living room bookshelf and entertainment center. It took forever--there was so much dusting to be done, and the whole thing needed to be reorganized. Luckily for me (and my easily distractable self), there were plenty of artifacts to keep me entertained along the way.

The first gem I found was a home video tape, containing two videos from my Spanish class, a tribute video two of my best friends and I had made for another of our friends who had moved away, and various other snippets of brilliance. I can't believe how much my friends and I have changed since high school. I used to wear nothing but baggy t-shirts and jeans--which I now see was a complete shame, because I had a cute little bod back then. One of my friends, on the other hand, has since dropped a significant amount of weight, and is now much happier and healthier than before. The other . . . well, I have no idea what has happened to her. I haven't heard from her in ages, despite my attempts at contact.

After that, I found the photo albums. Pictures of my parents when they were younger, and THEIR parents, too. Especially intriguing to me was a collection of comics of my dad's that his mother had collected and compiled--pretty funny stuff. It was all about robots and aliens and computers. I loved my parents' wedding album, too. They were so young, so happy! It touched me to see some of the first moments of their life together.

Life is precious. Savor every moment, or as we say in the BBLD Club: "Make Life Tasty!"

No comments: