Thursday, February 15, 2007

the SAPD

I love the San Antonio Police Department.

I first realized this when we visited San Antonio on our orchestra trip my junior year of high school. We were cruising the Riverwalk . . .



. . . enjoying the placid beauty. Then, CRASH! Two of the Riverwalk barges collided. We were all shocked and disturbed, even though it was obvious that no one was hurt or even jarred at all (those things probably travel about .5 miles an hour), until we saw the trusty old SAPD to the rescue in their little motorboat.



They were looking very official, directing the barges, and saying things like, "Nothing to see here, folks. Carry on." How they could remain so calm in such a heated situation was beyond me. I was stunned.

Today, at the airport, I saw another inspiring member of the SAPD. He was at the airport, just rolling on his Segway. He looked something like this:



. . . only he was alone. And just rolling around by a wall, looking pretty bored and lonely.

Ahhh, the SAPD.