Friday, February 23, 2007

In the Dark

I think we have a dozen lightbulbs in our house that need replacing. Two of these are in my room, which, in other words, means that I have zero working lightbulbs. This means that between the hours of 6pm and 7am, I cannot see anything in my room at all. I have a flashlight, so I feel like I'm going spelunking every time I go in there. What a delightful adventure.

I was looking at a bridal guide that one of my friends had yesterday. I decided a few things:

1. I HATE those photos where one of the couple (usually the groom) is intimately kissing or nuzzling the other, and the one being kissed / nuzzled is grinning cheesily at the camera. He says, "I love you," and she responds, "I love me, too." I don't know, I feel like they should BOTH be involved in an intimate moment like that. I think it's really dumb if they're not.
2. I am going to have a really hard time finding a dress that I like enough to wear at my wedding. Most of the ones in the magazine were pretty gross. Engagement rings, too.
3. For that matter, I can't really imagine myself liking a BOY enough to marry him. I'm going to be honest, the concept of relationships leaves me utterly baffled. I have a hard time picturing myself saying the words "my boyfriend" or "my fiancé" or "my husband." Maybe that's because I've never really gotten past the "I like you and you like me" phase (when I have even gotten there), so the other relationship phases are completely unknown to me, other than what I've observed in the lives of others. Someday, my prince will come.
4. I decided this at my brother's wedding last weekend: I want to get married just for the flowers. My Auntie sent leis and orchids from Hawai'i, and they smelled so pretty! And there were roses, and the beautiful bouquet . . . sigh.
5. I really have no idea what I want, and that's what it boils down to. I don't know what I want in a man (though I have many lofty ideas, I'm not entirely sure how that will work in actual practice), in a dress, in a ring, in a cake, in a reception . . . I guess it's a really good thing that I'm not getting married anytime soon. It gives me time to work on figuring these things out.

I just looked outside, and it snowed again. It looks really pretty. I wish that it hadn't, though. I was enjoying the much warmer weather, the sunshine, and the concept of an early spring. Spring is a season that doesn't really happen in Texas, and it's nice here. Oh, well. Maybe next week.

No comments: