Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Are we there yet??

Ahh, the wedding. We have reached 100% eat, sleep, and breathe wedding mode. Everything that I do anymore has something to do with the wedding. Hooray!

Within 24 hours, virtually my entire family on my dad's side will be in town here, to celebrate in the festivities. A joyous time indeed.

I wish I could enjoy it more. I'll be running wedding errands, and trying to move (right now, I'm about 90% at my parents' house vs. 10% at the new apartment).

At this point, I have all but given up on everything, and just want it to be over. Don't get me wrong--I am so excited about it that I can barely stand it--but there's just so much STUFF that needs to be done and I'm really beginning to doubt that it will all get done. I'm sure when it comes down to it, either it will or it won't, and if it doesn't then it must not have been that important anyway. I just wish that I could have some peace of mind in the midst of all the turmoil around me.

I know I'll survive, as all you married people have. I know it will all be worth it. I just want to see those results NOW not later.

5 comments:

Jeanette said...

The only necessary things are you, Andy, and the marriage license. A couple witnesses would be nice, too, as well as someone to perform the wedding, but the temple will provide all those for free! Yay!
So, take comfort in that: nothing else is necessary.
And I LOVE YOU!

kt and joe said...

Oh the memories...I know exactly how you feel!!! It gets crazy-go-nuts right at the last minute! But don't worry. It gets better...way better. Just don't let anything stress you out on the actual wedding day...it's not worth it!!

heath said...

I always pictured myself the day or two before my wedding lounging around, hanging out with my fiance and family, getting a manicure, a massage, etc. Funny how it doesn't turn out that way, huh? Best of luck!

Jeanette said...

You're married now! Yay!

JPK said...

I'm proud of you. For getting married. And for actually writing on your blog